Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This push-up variation is more challenging than regular push-ups but it’s more rewarding. It’s also a progressive exercise planche, which is one of the most impressive exercises.
Major Muscles Worked
- Chest Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Core Muscles
Semi Planche Push-Up Guide
- Get in the straight arm plank position. Place your palms shoulder-width apart with your fingers facing your feet. Keep the arms below your upper belly.
- Bend your elbows backward and then lower your torso until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Rise until your arms are almost straight and then repeat the move.
- Perform as many reps as you can while maintaining a full a range of motion.
- Tighten your ab and butt muscles to keep your body aligned in a straight line.
- Control your motion when dropping and rising. Performing the exercises too fast reduces resistance.
- Perform this exercise on an elevated surface such a bench if it’s too challenging for you to perform it on the floor.
Benefits of the Semi Planche Push-Up Exercise
You can use this exercise to build the strength you need to perform the plank.
This exercise activates numerous upper body muscles and the core.
You don’t need the gym or any equipment to perform this exercise.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]