Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
You’ve probably done shoulder taps before but did you know you can make this exercise more rewarding by adding push-ups to it?
Major Muscles Worked
- Chest Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Push-Up with Shoulder Taps Guide
- Get in the straight arm plank position. Keep your body aligned in a straight line.
- Do a push-up by bending your elbow until your chest almost touches the floor and then rise until your arms are almost straight.
- Now lift the right arm off the floor and then tap the left shoulder with it. Return the right arm to the floor and then tap the right shoulder with the left arm.
- Do another push-up and repeat the shoulder taps.
- Perform maximum reps and maintain a full range of motion throughout.
- Avoid swinging your hips side to side as you do the shoulder taps, keep them stable.
- Perform a full range of motion on each push-up rep.
Benefits of the Push Up to Shoulder Tap Exercise
This exercise is great for working out your arm, chest and shoulder muscles.
It also increases your heart rate thus improving your cardiovascular health.
This exercise will improve your core stability and makes easier to perform more challenging exercises.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]