Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is a way of a method of exercising the gastrocnemius, tibialis posterior and soleus muscles of the lower leg.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Calf Raise Guide
- Stand upright with your hands beside you and legs slightly apart.
- Ensure to keep your shoulder back and tighten your core muscles as you do this exercise.
- Lift up your heels, squeeze the calves for two seconds then lower the heels.
- Do 15 to 20 reps or any other amount of reps that may be recommended specifically to you.
- Take your time as you squeeze the calves for more effect.
- You can hold a pair of dumbbells for more effect and challenge on the performance.
Benefits of the Calf Raise Exercise
This is the perfect exercise for leg toning as it works your calves.
Ads in ankle stability and strengths.
Can be used as a prep exercise for athletes before they sprint.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]