Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise would require a Swiss ball, also known as a stability ball.
Major Muscles Worked
- Upper Abs
- Lower Abs
Other Muscle Worked
- Hip Flexors
Swiss Ball Leg Raises Guide
- Lie flat on the ground on your back facing upwards.
- Place a Swiss/stability ball between your feet.
- Raise your head slightly up and place your hands under your butt while you direct your eyes towards the ball.
- Lift your legs up then lower them down but don’t let the ball touch the ground.
- Do the exercise in 10 reps or any number of reps that may be prescribed for you.
- Ensure surface that exercise is being conducted it flat enough.
- After raising leg count, 2 seconds before lowering it back down. This is to increase efficiency.
- Keep your ab muscles tight throughout.
- You can place your hands beside your body, or use it to hold up the head and shoulders rise or place your hands stretched outward above your head but besides your ears.
Benefits of the Swiss Ball Leg Raise Exercise
Helps the hip flexors and hip movement.
Builds abdominal muscles and strengthens the core.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]