Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
The sumo side crunch exercise is a combination of the sumo hold and side crunches. You’ll be amazed by how effective this exercise is.
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
Major Muscles Worked
- Oblique Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
Sumo Side Crunch Guide
- Stand upright with your feet wider than shoulder-width and your toes pointed out.
- Bring both hands behind your head and clasp your fingers.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor. Keep your back straight.
- Bend your torso to the side until your elbow touches the knee. Squeeze your oblique muscles and then return to starting position.
- Bend your torso to the opposite side and keep alternating this movement.
- Do 10 to 15 reps or any number of reps that have been specifically recommended to you.
- Try as much as possible to get your elbow to touch your knee/thigh.
- Take time as you squeeze to engage the oblique more and create more tension.
- Hold in tight your core muscles as you are in the squat position for more effect.
Benefits of the Sumo Side Crunch Exercise
This exercise burns more calories than the regular on the floor ab exercises as it works more than just the abdominal muscles.
It can be done in any environment without the use of gym equipment.