Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Have you ever thought of incorporating dumbbells into your push-ups workout? This exercise will show you exactly how to do that.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Push-Ups with Dumbbell Rows Guide
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and then place the dumbbells on the floor shoulder-width apart.
- Get in the straight-arm plank position and keep your shoulders, hips, and knees aligned in a straight line.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest to perform a push-up.
- As you rise to return to starting position, lift one dumbbell off the floor and pull it towards your ribcage. In the next rep, pull the opposite dumbbell and keep alternating.
- Do as many reps as you can while maintaining proper form.
- Keep your ab and butt muscles tight throughout to prevent your hips from sinking.
- Remember to breathe correctly. Inhale as you lower your body to the ground and exhale as you raise up.
- Keep your neck and spine aligned. “Instead of tucking your chin completely or looking straight out in front, gaze about six inches or so in front of your fingertips and keep your eyes focused there as you push up.
- Keep your wrist firm to keep the dumbbell stable.
Benefits of Push Ups with Dumbbell Rows
This unique exercise builds extraordinary upper body strength by targeting your chest, shoulders, arm, and core muscles.
It’s one of the best exercises for combining the push and pull movement.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]