Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This plank variation offer for than activating your abs. It builds your shoulder muscles and triceps.
Major Muscles Worked
- Ab Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Hip Flexors
Plank Thigh Taps Guide
- Lie on a mat and get into a plank position by supporting your upper body with your palms on the ground and your feet resting on your toes.
- Keep one hand on the supporting position as the other hand taps the thigh.
- Return the hand to plank position and switch to the other side.
- Perform as many reps as you can for this exercise.
- Keep your ab muscles tight as you do the exercise.
- Avoid moving your hips as you tap your thighs – keep your feet a few inches apart helps keep the hips stable.
- Be careful not to sink your hips as you perform this exercise.
Benefits of the Plank Thigh Taps Exercise
- The exercise works to strengthen and tone the abdominal muscles.
- It also aids in strengthening the shoulders and triceps as a lot of body weight rests on the hands.
- You can do plank thigh taps anywhere because you don’t need any equipment to perform it.