Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This isometric exercise works a lot on the core muscles as it exerts a lot of pressure and tension to the middle section of the body.
Major Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
- Hip Flexors
Other Muscles Worked
Hollow-Body Bridge Hold Guide
- Lie on your back on a mat, with your feet together and your toes pointed forward.
- Squeeze your legs together.
- Place your arms out to your sides at a 45-degree angle from your body, and press your palms into the floor.
- Hold tight your glutes and brace your abs and pull down your shoulders and ribs.
- Now lift your hips off the floor a few inches while maintaining your feet, shoulder, and head on the ground. Hold that position for about 10 seconds.
- Do 10 to 15 reps of the exercise unless recommended to have more or less dependently.
- Ensure that your core muscles are held in tight and your navel pulled towards your back.
- In any case of spinal injury that was prior, do first seek your doctor’s advice an approval for this exercise before attempting it.
Benefits of the Hollow-Body Bridge Hold Exercise
- The exercise works on strengthening the core muscles and lower back.
- Doing this exercise can be handy for people with tight hip flexors.