Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Negative Push-Ups Guide
- Start in the standard military push-up position. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart with your hands placed under the shoulders.
- Ensure the whole body is in a straight line from the shoulders to the heels and then lower your body slowly. Maintain the plank posture until the chest is closest to the ground.
- While in that position, push back in the knee push up position and straighten the whole body into the military push-up position.
- Lower the whole body again maintaining the military position and repeat the process.
- Keep your core braced and engaged all through the negative push ups so that excessive pressure is taken off the low back as you lift.
- Ensure a straight body line from the heels to the shoulders.
Negative Push-Ups Benefits
- Negative push-ups build the strength you need to perform regular push-ups.
- Negative push-ups make deep inroads in every repetition thus stimulating the production of natural muscle-building growth hormone.
- Lastly, negative push-ups increase muscle stretching for improved body activation and vitality.