Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This is a form of lunge that requires punches as stated by the name of the exercise. It is mostly carried out by karate or martial art trainers.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Lunge Punches Guide
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands in a fist facing each other at your chest.
- Step forward and do a lunge by bending one knee forward. When in the lunge position, both feet should be bent at 90 degrees.
- As you are in the lunge position throw your punch with the opposite side hand.
- Come back up and repeat the steps.
- Carry out two sets of 10 reps as you alternate the legs and arms.
- Ensure to always tighten your core and keep a straight back.
- Take a moderate pace for more efficiency.
- One can also add dumbbells for more effect.
- Ensure the ground is flat to enable easy balance and stability.
Benefits of Lunge Punches
Strengthens your legs and tones your arms.
Offers a full-body workout and boosts cardiovascular endurance.
Can be carried out with and without gym equipment.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]