Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is basically both the forward and reverse lunges connected to be one exercise.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Front and Back Lunge Guide
- Stand upright with feet slightly apart.
- Ensure one foot is rooted to the ground as it is not supposed to move at any point.
- Do a forward lunge and reverse lunge with the other leg by stepping forward and kneeling to a 90-degree angle then stepping back to kneel to a 90-degree angle.
- Do two sets of 10 reps alternating between the legs.
- Abs should be sucked in at all times.
- Place the hands in either hip position or running position.
- Go at a moderate pace especially when in a lunge to have more effect.
- Seek medical attention first if you have a back, knee or hip complication in order to avoid injuries.
Benefits of Front and Back Lunge Exercise
Strengthens and tones the legs.
Aids in hip movement.
Can be carried out anywhere as only minim space is required.