Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is commonly used as a part of martial arts exercise as it aids in stretching the hamstrings and gluteal muscles for movements such as the back kick.
Major Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
- Lower Back
Other Muscles Worked
- Hip Flexors
Kneeling Rear Leg Raise Guide
- Knee on a mat and then bend forward and place your forearms on the floor.
- Lift one knee off the floor and straighten it. Now, raise the leg as high as possible.
- Lower it back down until the toes almost touch the floor and then raise it again.
- Inhale as you lower your leg and exhale as you raise it back up.
- Do 10 reps on each leg or any amount of reps that may be specifically prescribed to you.
- Tighten your core muscles by pulling your navel towards your spine.
- Try to lift your leg as high as you can but do not arch your back.
- If you have any case of back, knee or shoulder complication or injury, first seek medical advice from your doctor before attempting this exercise.
Benefits of the Kneeling Rear Leg Raise
This exercise aids in hip movement and flexibility as it opens your hip flexors.
It will strengthen your core rapidly and allow you to perform more challenging exercises.
It can be done anywhere and without the use of gym equipment.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]