Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is excellent for warming up and strengthening your lower back.
Major Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Other Muscles Worked
- Hip Flexors
Good Morning Guide
- Stand upright with feet slightly apart and then clasp your hands behind your head.
- Ensure to always brace your core and pull your shoulders back.
- Take a breath and hinge forward from your hips, allowing a slight bend in your knees but keeping your back flat.
- Lean forward until you feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings, as you exhale, reverse the move to stand up straight.
- Make sure you keep your back slightly arched when bending forward.
- Go at a moderate pace, moving too fast makes the exercise less effective.
- In any case of a previous back injury, seek medical advice on this exercise and whether it is appropriate to continue.
Benefits of the Good Morning Exercise
It works on strengthening the core and back muscles.
It’s a great warm-up exercise to do before a back or leg workout.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]