Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This unique exercise combines two powerful exercises. It hence involves a lot of muscles but the main muscles worked are the ab and gluteal muscles.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Hip Flexors
- Lower Back
Glute Bridge to Reverse Crunch Guide
- Lie on your back on a flat surface with your knees bent and your feet together and flat on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor beside your torso.
- Raise your hip upwards till a straight diagonal line forms from the knees down to the chest while squeezing your glutes; that is the glute bridge.
- Slowly lower your hips to the floor and then lift both feet off the floor and bring the knees toward the chest.
- Engage your abdominal muscles and lift your lower back off the floor. Then slowly lower your lower back to the floor and perform the bridge again.
- Do 15 to 20 reps of the exercise. You can do more reps as per your own discretion or workout plan.
- Ensure your gluteal muscles and core muscles are tight during the exercise for full muscle engagement.
- Control your motion instead of performing the exercise fast.
- Lift your hips as high as possible when performing the reverse crunch to fully engage your abs.
Benefits of the Glute Bridge to Reverse Crunch Exercise
It helps improve hip flexibility and ease lower back pain.
This exercise helps build extraordinary core strength because it engages all core muscles.
It can be carried out anywhere and without the use of gym equipment.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]