Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Did you know that punching is a very effective cardio exercise? And did you further know that punching while holding dumbbells will tone your arm and shoulder muscles?
Major Muscles Worked
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
- Shoulder Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Oblique Muscles
Dumbbell Punches Guide
- Stand with legs wide apart, in about more than hip-width distance. Ensure your feet are firm and facing forward.
- Have your hands firmly gripping the dumbbells and in a boxing position at chest level.
- Tighten your ab muscles and then punch with the left arm while keeping parallel to the floor.
- Pull the left arm back and quickly punch with the right arm and keep alternating the punches.
- Punch as fast as possible in one minute and perform at least 3 sets.
- Feel free to punch sideways if you want to activate your oblique muscles.
- Avoid using very heavy dumbbells because they can hurt your shoulder muscles.
Benefits of the Dumbbell Punches Exercise
This exercise will build and strengthen your arm and shoulder muscles.
Performing this exercise for a longer duration will improve your cardiovascular endurance.
This exercise can build your ab muscles and strengthen your core.
Your punching speed will improve because holding dumbbells increases resistance.