Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
If the regular squats are too challenging for you, use this squat variation to strengthen your legs and build your butt muscles.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Chair Squat Guide
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and toes pointing forward. You back should be straight and ensure to have a chair directly behind you.
- Now get into the squat position by bending your knees and lowering your glutes to the chair.
- Once your butt rests on the chair rise back up as you squeeze your glutes.
- Perform as many reps as you can while maintaining proper form.
- For a beginner, one could add a pillow or weights on the chair to raise the position a bit and avoid unwanted strains.
- Ensure to have your core muscles tightly pulled in towards the spine.
- Avoid curving your back, keep it straight throughout.
Benefits of the Chair Squat Exercise
This exercise is ideal for beginners or seniors who can’t perform regular squats.
You can use this exercise to tone and strengthen your lower body muscles if you have knee pain.
It’s very easy to adjust the difficulty of the exercise. Use a high surface to make the exercise easier and low surface to make it harder.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]