Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
If you want to strengthen your upper body, you should focus on doing compound movements such as crab walks.
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Crab Walks Guide
- Sit on the floor and bend your knees. Place your palms slightly behind the hips and ensure you’re your feet are flat on the floor.
- Slightly lift your glutes a few inches from the floor and pause. This is the starting position.
- Walk your left hand a few inches forward while simultaneously straightening your right leg in front.
- Extend the leg and tap your heel on the floor, pause in this position and get back to the starting position.
- Repeat with the opposite sides.
- Ensure your back is safe by keeping your abdominals engaged and setting your feet apart
- Find your perfect challenge by experimenting the crab walk with different speeds.
- Avoid injuring your shoulders by moving your feet faster than your upper body can accommodate.
Crab Walks Benefits
- Increased body coordination and agility
- A stronger core and upper body.
- Engaging the core during crab walks keeps the abs worked.
- Crab walks are a great cardio exercise thus they improve the heart rate.