Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is basically done in the crab position on a flat surface. It helps boost balance and endurance and is majorly powered by the triceps.
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Crab Shoulder Taps Guide
- Position yourself in a crab position. This is done by having your back on the ground then lifting oneself with your hands and legs to form a table-like position like a crab.
- Lift the right hand off the floor and move it over your chest to tap the left shoulder.
- Support your upper body with your left hand while doing so until the right hand is back in position so as to alternate the movement.
- Increase pace when you are more stable.
- Do about two sets of 10 reps.
- Keep your toes slightly off the floor and pointing upwards.
- If one has shoulder issues it is best not to attempt this exercise.
- It is good to start with 10 warm-up lifts before proceeding to the exercise to familiarize oneself with it.
Benefits of Crab Shoulder Taps
- The exercise enhances flexibility by loosening your chest and shoulder muscles.
- Crab shoulder taps tone and strengthen your upper body.
- It does not require any gym equipment to perform.