Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This excellent exercise targets the three glute muscles – maximus, medius, and minimus. It is quite effective for people who would like to work on their posterior.
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Glute Bridge Guide
- On a flat surface, lie on your back and face up. As you do this ensure that your hands are beside you with the palm facing down and your feet should be flat on the ground. This would require you to bend your knees.
- Now lift your hips up and once you do that ensure that your shoulders, hips, and knees form a straight diagonal line.
- Squeeze your butt cheeks as you lift your hips and hold bridge position for a few seconds before easing back down to the floor.
- Always keep your abs or navel region drawn in to avoid overextending of your back.
- Do not be in a rush to lift and ease back to ensure the effectiveness of the exercise.
- Breathe in when lifting the hips and out when lowering the back to the floor.
- Once one gets the hang of it then one can try the different variations such as single-leg glute and barbell Glute Bridge among others.
Benefits of Glute Bridge
- It improves hip mobility. This can be for those who are just constantly sitting on their desks without much movement.
- Glute bridges have been shown to strengthen the back and ease lower back pain.
- You don’t need weights or any equipment to perform this exercise.