Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise works on balance, strength and mobility. Luckily, it’s not very hard to master.
Major Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Squat with Back Kick Guide
- Stand upright and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your elbow and keep your hands in front of your chest.
- Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor and the rise. After you rise kick one foot back as far as possible while keeping it straight.
- Squat again and then kick the opposite leg in the next rep.
- Squeeze your glutes as you kick the foot back to fully engage your butt muscles.
- Keep your back straight as you squat.
- Make sure your feet don’t extend past your toes as you squat.
Benefits of the Squat with Back Kick Exercise
- This exercise is great for working out balance as you need to find stability on one foot.
- It also aids in flexibility and strength of the lower body and supporting leg.
- It can be carried out anywhere and without the use of gym equipment.