Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise works on building stronger calves which is a very important because it can fix muscle imbalance and lower risk of injuries. Calves aid much in facilitating movement.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Single Leg Calf Raises Guide
- Stand upright and then lift one foot off the floor.
- Raise the standing leg by lifting your heel off and balancing on your toes. Hold for two seconds and then lower the heel and repeat.
- Do the same number of reps for each exercise.
- Hold on to a wall for support if you lack balance or simply spread your hands apart.
- Ensure the area you are standing on is equal and flat to enhance stability.
- Do put on sport shoes that won’t strain your ankles but support them.
- Do many reps. Calves respond more to repetition of the exercise.
- Avoid going at a very fast pace, take your time in order to avoid much strain on the Achilles.
- You can add a dumbbell to add more challenge and weight and work out the arms too.
Benefits of Single-Leg Calf Raise Exercise
It helps build calve muscles which are essential for movement.
It also helps give better structure and form to your legs to avoid so called “Chicken Legs”.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]