Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Main muscles worked
- Oblique Muscles
Other muscles worked
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
Side plank crunch guide
- Put your left elbow down while your right hand is behind your head while on a flat area. Stack the legs on top of each other.
- When your torso is stable, raise your hips as high as possible and then hold the at the top for 2 seconds below slowly lowering them down to starting position
- Do at least ten reps so as to complete a single set and then lie on the opposite side and do the same number of reps.
- Keep your abs tight throughout and remember to tighten your oblique muscles when you raise your hips
- Keep your neck in its neutral position. Don’t raise it or lower it
- Do not let your hips fall – lower them slowly
Side plank crunch benefits
- This exercise will tighten your entire midsection and make your belly look smaller
- Side plank crunch strengthens the core and also stabilizes the waist
- The side plank crunch also puts your body balance to test.