Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Main Muscles Worked
- Upper Back
Other Muscles Worked
Prone Overhead Reach Guide
- Lie on your stomach on a comfortable surface such as a mat or a carpet.
- Extend your arms straight and over the head and then tighten your shoulder and upper back muscles
- Slowly bend your elbows and bring then beside your ribcage. Extend the arms back to starting position to complete the rep.
- You can repeat this process a desired number of sets.
- Always remember to get onto your ribs and ensure you squeeze your butt to gain from the prone overhead reach.
- Ensure your arms are straight and exactly over the head.
- You can use dumbbells as your weights for the prone overhead reach.
Prone Overhead Reach Benefits
- The prone overhead reach is recommended for weight loss because its effects are felt within a short time.
- The prone overhead reach strengthens the abs and the shoulder muscles very effectively.