Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise utilizes the standard plank position but adds a leg lift. This adds a more explosive dynamic movement which works your core and legs.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Plank with Leg Lift Guide
- Start in the straight arm plank position and keep your palms directly below your shoulders.
- Lift the left leg backwards as high as possible while keeping it straight.
- Switch legs and repeat.
- Keep your core tight, your glutes engaged, maintain your back flat and your hips level.
- Lift your leg, being careful not to arch your back, and hold for as long as you can.
- Breathe in as you lower the leg and return to the plank position.
Benefits of Plank with Leg Lift
- The plank leg lifts is a full-body exercise you can do anywhere that trains your core, legs, glutes, and shoulders.
- This exercise strengthens and tones your whole body, improves your posture and stability, trims down body fat and boosts your metabolism