Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
In this article, you will discover how to perform the plank toe touch exercise proper and the mistakes to avoid.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Plank Toe Touch Guide
- Get in the straight arm plank position and keep your feet wider than shoulder-width.
- Ensure your body is back is straight and your shoulders, hips, and knees are aligned in a straight line.
- Raise your hips as you lift the right arm and extend to touch the toes of the left foot. Don’t bend your knees while doing this.
- Return to starting position and then raise the opposite arm in the next rep.
- Move at a moderate pace, performing this exercise too fast can lead to a shoulder injury.
- Tighten your ab muscles when you return to the plank position to prevent your hips from sinking.
- Avoid bending your knees as that prevents you from loosening your hamstrings.
Benefits of the Plank Toe Touch Exercise
This exercise is great for working out your upper and lower body.
Plank toe touch will improve your hamstring flexibility when you perform it without bending your knees.
This exercise will build your core strength, especially if you perform it without sinking your hips.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]