Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Hindu push-ups can be traced back to traditional Indian wrestlers and Indian martial artists. This exercise involves movement from the downward dog position to the upward dog position which lubricates your joints.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Hindu Push-Ups Guide
- Start in a downward dog pose, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your body in a V shape, and your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, going into low plank pose.
- Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose.
- Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose.
- Keep repeating this movement.
- Engage your core, relax the spine and neck, open the shoulders and keep the movement fluid and smooth.
- Breathe in deeply as you slowly move from downward dog to upward dog pose, keeping the elbows close to your body.
- Exhale as you lift the hips and return to downward dog pose.
Benefits of Hindu Push-Ups
The Hindu push up is a compound movement that engages the entire body and helps to improve your fitness level.
This exercise increases the flexibility of the spine, improves your cardiovascular endurance and conditions your whole body.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]