Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is mainly an oblique exercise. It is great for toning and forming of the side.
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
Major Muscles Worked
- Oblique Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Back Muscles
Forearm Side Plank with Twist Guide
- Get into a side plank position; lie on the floor on your side with your forearm as upper body support and have your legs outstretched and laid out one on top of the other.
- Bend the upper arm and place its palm behind your head.
- Now, bend the top elbow forward and lower it until it almost touches the floor. You should feel your oblique muscles tighten as you perform this movement.
- Raise the elbow back to starting position and repeat the movement.
- Do 15 to 0 reps of the exercise. You may do more reps as per your workout plan or at your own discretion.
- Ensure your shoulder is comfortable before starting.
- If you have or had any back problems do seek medical approval for this exercise before attempting.
- Ensure that your core muscles are held in and tight for better muscle engagement.
Benefits of the Forearm Side Plank with Twist
It helps with strengthening your arm and core muscles.
It also is good for building and strengthening your oblique muscles.
It can be carried out anywhere and without the use of gym equipment.