Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
If you’re used to the regular mountain climbers, you’ll love this variation. It activates your ab and oblique muscles.
Major Muscles Worked
- Oblique Muscles
- Ab Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
Cross Mountain Climbers Guide
- Get in the straight arm plank position and then keep your shoulder, hips, and knees aligned in a straight line.
- Tighten your abs and then quickly drive your right knee toward the left elbow.
- Quickly return the right foot to the starting position and then tuck the opposite knee.
- Alternate the knees as fast as possible.
- Perform this exercise for one minute nonstop.
- Avoid bouncing your hips up and down while doing this exercise, keep them as stable as possible.
- Keep your back slightly curved to fully engage your abdominal muscles.
Benefits of the Cross Mountain Climbers Exercise
This exercise will improve your cardiovascular endurance, making you a better athlete.
Cross mountain climbers target both your ab and oblique muscles, making it easier for you to get six-pack abs.
This exercise will also strengthen your arm and shoulder muscles.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]