Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise requires one to be flexible or rather it promotes flexibility and stretching of the oblique and arm muscles.
Major Muscles Worked
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
- Oblique Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Hip Flexors
- Lower Back
Crab Reaches Guide
- Sit on the floor, place your hands behind your back, and keep your knees bent.
- Lift your butt off the floor and raise your hips as high as possible. While in that position, lift the right hand off the floor and extend it to the over your head to the left side.
- Stretch the arm as far as possible before returning it to starting position.
- In the next rep, extend the left arm and keep alternating.
- Squeeze your glutes as you raise your hips to prevent the hips from sinking.
- If you have any major or minor back injury or issue that may cause trouble do ensure to have medical approval before engaging in the exercise.
- Stop doing the exercise if you experience any discomfort on the shoulder joint.
Benefits of the Crab Reaches Exercise
- This exercise is excellent for improving upper body flexibility. It loosens your obliques, shoulders, and biceps.
- Crab reaches will strengthen your upper body while activating your leg muscles.
- You can perform this exercise anywhere without weights or any equipment.