Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise is famously practiced by yoga practitioners to strengthen the glutes and lower back muscles and improve hip flexibility.
Major Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
- Hip Flexors
Bridge Pose Guide
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor close to glutes.
- Place arms flat on the floor next to you, tucking your shoulders under your back. Ensure to align your knees with the hip bones.
- Press palms down as you lift your hips high and squeeze glutes. Keep neck relaxed on the mat.
- Continue to breathe and hold for 30 seconds.
- Lower back your body softly landing back on the mat.
- Hold in your abdominal muscles for more effect of the exercise on the core.
- Take time before lowering your hips in order to feel more tension in the body.
- If you have had a neck or spinal injury prior, do not do this exercise until you have sought the approval of your medical doctor.
Benefits of the Bridge Pose Exercise
Strengthens the gluteal muscles and lower back muscles.
This exercise may help some people ease lower back pain.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]