Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This movement may seem odd but it’s excellent for building your oblique muscles.
Main muscles worked
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
Other muscles worked
- Lower back
Bent over twist guide
- Stand upright in your normal position and keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands behind your head and then bend forward until your torso is parallel to the floor.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and then twist your torso to the right.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise to achieve a complete set.
- When engaging your abs you should maintain your arms and back straight
- The spine should be maintained at a neutral position as you let your obliques and abs to control movement
- When returning to your starting position breathe in deeply.
Bent over twist benefits
- Bent over twist exercise makes you more stable and improves hamstring flexibility.
- The exercise is useful for warm-ups.
- Bent over twist exercise rotates your upper body into transverse motion thus improves the upper back muscles.