Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Main Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Upper back
Arm Swings Guide
- Stand up straight on the floor but slightly bend your knees. Stretch your arms horizontally to the sides and ensure your feet are shoulder-width apart.
- Bring your arms forward until you cross them and then bring them back to the horizontal position. Ensure you bring your arms back as far as you can and quickly.
- Continue repeating this forth and back motion to complete the set.
- As you do the arm swings, ensure your abs are tight and your back is straight and upright.
- Face forward and use your muscles to propel these movements. Breathe slowly during the arm swings exercise.
- Swing your arms in a steady but fluid motion.
Arm Swings Benefits
- Arm swings engage most of the upper body muscles; thus they are a great stretching exercise.
- The arm swings are a good warm-up exercise which stretches the arms, upper back, chest and the shoulders for a workout.
- Apart from increasing your flexibility, the arm swings also are a perfect cardio exercise.