Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This unique exercise will build your back muscles, consequently strengthening the core.
Main muscles worked
- Lower Back
- Middle Back
Other muscles worked
Alternating Superman guide
- Lie on a mat on your belly with your face down, fully extend your legs and arms
- Lift both legs and hands off the floor. Keep the hands straight over your head.
- Start alternating your hands up and down and do the same thing for the legs.
- Repeat this as long as you can while maintaining proper form.
- Maintain a position that doesn’t cause spine discomfort.
- Fully extend both the legs and arms
- Always inhale as you raise your arm and keep your abs pulled in and make sure core muscles are tight.
Alternating Superman benefits
- Helps to achieve a strong lower back
- When the upper body is stretched one gain improved stability and posture
- Strengthens core muscles.