Trx tricep extension helps you target the muscles at the back of the upper arm.
You could be asking yourself how effective the exercise is, but its isolation nature makes it a fantastic tricep-training option.
Tricep extensions help build up the triceps brachii muscles. You can perform them while standing or lying down.
They are a perfect workout to grow and sculpt the upper arm muscles because each of the three triceps heads engages accordingly.
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
You end up increasing triceps muscle mass and making you stronger. Lifting heavy objects becomes easy.
How to do it:
Harness the TRX securely.
- Tighten the straps to a height that is just below your chest.
- Take hold of the handles with your palms facing down.
- Maintaining a straight line with your body.
- Bend forward until you are at a 50-degree angle to the floor.
- Your hands should be directly over your shoulders.
- Engage your core throughout this exercise.
- Straighten your arms by extending them straight out in front of you.
- Return to the beginning posture by bending your elbows.
- Repeat the moves.
WHAT MUSCLES DO TRX TRICEP EXTENSION WORK?
Trx tricep extension works primary and secondary muscles. Here is more on muscles worked.
The triceps are the only primary muscles that this exercise works. This muscle has three heads whose primary function is controlling elbow movement during extension.
It extends the joint of the elbow via its three heads: long head, lateral head, and medial head. These heads link together to form one tendon.
Triceps extension targets secondary muscles more. Muscles targeted include the following.
The biceps brachii is the muscle that enables the bending of the forearm towards the upper arm. This movement facilitates pushing and lifting.
Your shoulder muscles are responsible for stabilising your shoulder joint. They aid your arms move in different directions.
One of the most critical functions of the forearm muscles is movement. It coordinates the forearm, wrists, elbow and fingertips movement.
Calf muscles give you a forward thrust while supporting you when standing.
TRX TRICEP EXTENSION BENEFITS
You never perform trx tricep extension in vain because it gives you the following benefits.
STRENGTHENS YOUR ARMS AND BACK
When it comes to non-free weight workouts, this triceps extension training is one of the most efficient non-free weight exercises. It tones and strengthens the back of your arms.
The exercise has an adjustable range of motion to fit your skill level. You can utilise the TRX to work your triceps, such as by performing triceps press on your knees.
The triceps activate whenever you utilise your arms, improving your everyday performance by strengthening your arms.
You must activate your core while performing this exercise’s balance component. It helps maintain optimal body positioning throughout the movement. It also helps improve posture, and balance and alleviate back pain by strengthening the core.
ALTERNATIVES TO TRX TRICEP EXTENSION
There are several alternatives to trx tricep extension workouts. You can try the following:
Bodyweight triceps dips are a terrific way to strengthen your arms and shoulders while maintaining flexibility.
How to do it:
- Grab the edge of a chair, weight bench or step with your hips, and sit on the edge.
- Start with your legs outstretched, heels touching the ground, and fingers pointing down at your feet.
- Keep your head up high and your gaze forward.
- Slide forward until your back is free of the chair’s edge by pressing into your hands and lifting your torso.
- Make sure your elbows bend at least halfway.
- Repeat this process until your arms are nearly straight.
You gain muscle strength with the JM Press. The exercise becomes so effective by putting a lot of stress on your triceps. Despite this being a bench press variation, you are flexing your elbows, which is a motion controller for the triceps.
How to do it:
- Lie on the bench in a supine position with your feet firmly on the ground.
- Keep a spacing of at least shoulder-width apart.
- Position the barbell just over the brow.
- Just outside of the torso, place the hands on your hips.
- Unrack the barbell with your index finger to index finger spacing of 12-18 inches.
- Flex your elbows to drop the barbell.
- During the eccentric portion, keep your biceps under tension to stabilise your elbows.
You can’t go wrong with a tricep dumbbell kickback workout. It targets the triceps muscles.
How to do it:
- With palms facing each other, grab a set of dumbbells.
- The best way to begin is to take a few deep breaths and put your feet about hip-width apart.
- As you maintain a straight back, bend your knees and lower your torso until it is nearly parallel to the floor.
- Press the weights very close to your torso.
- Make a 90-degree angle between your elbow and forearm by bending your arms.
- Bring the dumbbells behind you, contract your triceps while maintaining a fixed elbow position.
- At the top of each rep, squeeze your triceps, stop briefly, then return to the beginning position.
- You can repeat this motion as many times as possible.
TRX TRICEP EXTENSION MISTAKES TO AVOID
Trx tricep extension is meticulous in nature; therefore, a simple error renders it useless. Thus, avoid the following mistakes.
It’s one of the most common mistakes people make when doing the TRX tricep extension. Failing to engage the core leads to poor form throughout the exercise.
This leads to shifting the emphasis to your shoulders and increasing the stress on these joints.
LOW RANGE OF MOTION
Reducing the range of motion reduces the effectiveness of each repeat because you’re not correctly stretching or contracting your triceps.
TRX tricep extension exercise has the potential to increase your overall strength and stamina over time. Everyone of any fitness level can enjoy it. As your muscle mass grows, you can work out longer and harder. Subsequently, it is paramount to incorporate triceps extensions to gain more strength in the triceps brachii.