Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise would require a Swiss ball, also known as a stability ball.
Major Muscles Worked
- Upper abs
- Lower abs
Other Muscle Worked
- Hip Flexors
Swiss Ball Leg Raises Guide
- Lie flat on the ground on your back facing upwards.
- Place a Swiss/stability ball between your feet.
- Raise your head slightly up and place your hands under your butt to avoid straining your lower back.
- Lift your legs up and lower them butt make sure the swiss ball doesn’t touch the floor.
- Do the exercise in 10 reps or any number of reps that may be prescribed for you.
- Ensure surface that exercise is being conducted it flat enough.
- After raising your legs, count 2 seconds before lowering them. This is to increase efficiency.
- Note that placing your hands beside your body instead of placing them under the butt makes this exercise more challenging.
Benefits of the Swiss Ball Leg Raise Exercise
Helps the hip flexors and hip movement.
Strengthens the legs and tones the abs.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]