Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Major Muscles Worked
- Oblique Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
- Front Hip Flexors
Sitting Twists Guide
- Sit on a mat on a flat surface with your knees bent and only the heel of your feet touching the ground.
- Raise your back off the floor and balance on your butt. This position will form a v shape from your shoulders down to your waist and up to your knees.
- Bring your hands together.
- Twist your upper body from the waist as you dip your hands from side to side.
- Do 15 to 20 reps or any amount of reps that may be recommended to you specifically.
- Ensure your core muscles are tight throughout the exercise.
- Breathe out sharply as you twist from side to side.
- You can also make the move more advanced by lifting your feet three or four inches off the floor.
- If you have incurred a lower back injury do not attempt this exercise unless it has been allowed by your doctor.
Benefits of Sitting Twists
- Can be carried out anywhere and without the use of gym equipment.
- Strengthens your core muscles and oblique muscles.