Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
The exercise is also known as the unilateral bridge exercise.
Major Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
- Lower Back
Single-Leg Bridge with Knee Hold Guide
- Lie on your back on a mat and bend your knees.
- Grab one knee with both hands and pull it towards your chest.
- Raise your hips up to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
- Squeeze your butt muscles and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine.
- Lower your hips to return to starting position.
- Complete reps for one leg before alternating.
- Perform as many reps as you can while maintaining proper form.
- Ensure to press your back to the ground. Do not arc your back.
- Do not allow your hips to sag.
Benefits of the Single Leg Bridge with Knee Hold Exercise
This exercise is excellent for building your butt muscles and strengthening your core.
It may also help stabilize your spine and ease lower back pain.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]