Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise gets to involve a lot of full body muscles from the shoulders to the feet as there is constant movement.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Plank Side Walks Guide
- Begin in the plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and body in a straight line.
- Simultaneously cross your right hand over your left, as you step your left foot to the left.
- Then step your left hand and right foot to the left, so you’re back in the plank position. Your hands move together as your feet step apart.
- Repeat this for several steps to the left, and several steps to the right depending on the size of the space you have around you.
- Do two sets of 10 to 15 reps or perform as many reps as you can.
- Keep your hips stable as you move – don’t swing them from side to side.
- Keep your neck in its neutral position and avoid lowering your head.
Benefits of the Plank Side Walks Exercise
This exercise is excellent for building upper body strength.
Side planks walk will also improve your coordination because you have to move your arms and feet at the same time.
You don’t need weights or any equipment to perform this exercise.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]