Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This is an ideal exercise for everyone from the best athletes to even a general fitness enthusiast as it not only provides a very good workout for the lower body and also for other key parts.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Romanian Single-Leg Deadlift Guide
- On a flat surface stand straight with your feet together and one leg slightly bent while the other leg is slightly raised from the floor.
- To activate the glutes, flex on the supportive leg for about 15 seconds.
- Now without changing the bend of your knee and having a straight back, bend till your body is almost straight from head to the lifted leg heel. You will appear to be somehow parallel to the floor.
- With your hands outstretched in front of your body, you can touch the floor or if it is too far, an object on the floor like a ball or box.
- Come back up while lowering the leg simultaneously and back straight.
- Do 10 reps and shift to the other leg for another set of reps.
- Always keep your back straight. Do not curve your back.
- To have great balance focus on the spot you are reaching out to and slowly lower yourself till you can pick up the pace.
Benefits of the exercise
It helps build hip stability and balance.
It does not require any gym equipment, however, one can add a dumbbell for more added effect.
It also works on upper back strength.
It helps loosen tight hamstrings.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]