Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This exercise works on balance, strength and mobility. However its complexity may make it hard to master.
Hey, before you continue reading, check this out: A new proven way to lose up to 22 pounds (10kgs) in just 6 weeks without starvation or exercising for hours – click here to see it
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Pistol Squat Guide
- Stand on a mat with your legs slightly apart.
- Support your body with one leg and then extend the other leg forward (keep it straight).
- Bend the supporting knee and squat until its thighs rest on the calf muscles.
- Reverse the movement by rising slowly until the knee is almost straight and then squat again.
- Do as many reps as you can while maintianing proper form and a full range of motion.
- Do not rush to go down in the exercise. Make sure the supporting leg is stable before squatting.
- Note that stretching your hands out in front helps improve your balance.
- You can do the exercise next to a wall for support if need be.
Benefits of the Pistol Squat Exercise
This exercise is great for improving your balance as you have to support your body on one leg in the entire set.
It also aids in flexibility and strength of the lower body and supporting leg.
Pistol squats are excellent for strengthening your leg bones.
You can perform pistol squats anywhere and without any equipment.