Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This popular exercise is excellent for building your cardiovascular endurance. It is often used as a warm-up exercise as it increases heart rate and prepares the body for endurance.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
Jumping Jacks Guide
- On a flat surface, stand with feet together and straight with your hands on the side.
- Now jump while spreading your feet more apart from each other sideways, while lifting your hands up above your head nearly touching each other. At this point, you should take the form of a star.
- Jump again now returning your feet back together and hands back on the sides.
- Repeat as much as required.
- Ensure to breathe in while jumping with legs apart then breathe out while returning to starting position.
- If you feel sharp pain, take a break or completely cancel the work-out.
- Wear good, supportive shoes while performing this exercise.
- If you have joint, muscle or respiratory problems, seek medical advice before engaging in such activity.
Benefits of Jumping Jacks
- Increases heart rate thus good warm-up exercise and aids in better blood circulation.
- Does not require equipment to carry out.
- Helps in weight loss by activating every muscle in the body and burning lots of calories.
- Helps boost cardiovascular endurance.