Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
This is an isometric exercise that build on strength and body endurance.
Major Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Oblique Muscles
Other Muscles Worked
Hollow Body Rock Guide
- Lie on the ground or on a comfortable exercise mat with hands extended overhead and biceps close to the ears. Your legs should be straight with feet pointed forward.
- Raise your upper back off the floor and keep the feet about 30 degrees off the floor.
- Squeeze your midsection which is the abdominal area and rock for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Do 10 to 20 reps with breaks. You can do more reps as per your workout plan or at your own discretion.
- Ensure to tighten your core muscles for muscle engagement and pull in your navel towards the spine to avoid any injury or strain.
- Keep your head in one position all the time.
- If you have had any back injury, refrain from doing this exercise until approved by your physician.
- Make sure your lower back is resting on the floor – don’t arch your back.
Benefits of the Hollow Body Rock Exercise
It helps strengthen your core and build abdominal muscles.
It is a good exercise that can be used as a warm-up for gymnastic exercises.
It can be carried out anywhere and without the use of any gym equipment.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]