Share this Gif On Your Site (Copy the code below)
Do you normally squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor? For this variation, you should squat until your thighs rest on your calves.
Major Muscles Worked
Other Muscles Worked
- Gluteal Muscles
- Lower Back Muscles
Deep Bodyweight Squat Guide
- Stand upright and keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Now squat until your thighs rest on your calves and then rise back up to starting position as you squeeze your glutes. Try to go as deep as you can.
- Do as many reps as you can and squat deep on each rep
- You may not be able to squat until your thighs rest on your calves due to hip and hamstrings tightness. In that case, squat as low as you can and try to increase your range of motion on each rep.
- Tighten your ab muscles throughout this movement.
Benefits of the Deep Bodyweight Squat Exercise
- It can be carried out anywhere and without the necessary use of gym equipment.
- It really is great for working the chest muscles and triceps.