If you’re looking for horny goat weed for her reviews, this article will show you everything you need to know.
Horny goat weed for her is a herbal supplement sold over-the-counter in most pharmacies. It has long been used in traditional eastern medicine, even before the likes of Viagra were discovered.
Legend has it that it got its name when a herder noticed that his goats became sexually aroused after eating the weed.
It goes by many names, such as;
- Rowdy lamb herb
- Yin yang huo
It has a variety of benefits. These include; boosting libido, relieving joint pains, reducing bone loss in postmenopausal women (osteoporosis), and as a tonic.
What are the Dosages of Horny Goat Weed?
Horny goat weed for women comes in various forms such as tablets, powder, teas, and capsules. Here are the various over-the-counter suggestions;
- 3-4 caps to be taken about 1-2 hours before sex.
- 2 caps to be taken orally daily (for long-term users). Please note that long-term use (more than 6 months of continuous use) may cause breathing issues.
- Add it to tea as you would with tea leaves.
How Does it Work?
Horny goat weed’s active ingredient is icariin which is an extract of the Epimedium plant. It is mainly used to boost sex drive in both men and women.
Icariin works by acting as a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor.
Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) is a key enzyme that is actively involved in regulating cGMP-specific signaling pathways. This is key in physiological processes such as muscle contraction and relaxation.
This means inhibiting the enzyme can and has been used to treat issues such as erectile dysfunction. It can also enhance sexual arousal in women as well since erectile tissue is present in both men and women.
This is basically how other inhibitors like sildenafil (Viagra) work. Horny goat weed can thus work well in boosting libido and treating mild sexual arousal issues.
Where Can You Get Horny Goat Weed?
Horny goat weed for her is readily available over the counter in most local pharmacies. That being said, if you want to get it delivered to your doorstep, you can check out the best-rated picks on Amazon;
What are the Benefits of Horny Goat Weed?
1. Osteoporosis prevention
Research shows that a phytoestrogen extract of Epimedium may decrease bone loss in postmenopausal women.
However, there is a lack of adequate research to back up its effectiveness.
2. Reduces ostmenopausal issues
Other studies imply that taking horny goat weed tea for 6 months helps reduce cholesterol levels in women past menopause.
3. It may help with mood swings
A rat study found that icariin notably reduced changes in cells linked to depressive behavior.
However, this theory needs further testing on humans.
4. Hormonal balance
Epimedium has phytoestrogens which have similar effects to that of a woman’s natural estrogen. This helps water down some menopausal symptoms such as low libido.
Horny goat weed for her has also been shown to fight memory loss and reduce joint pain.
Side Effects of Horny Goat Weed for Her
Horny goat weed for her may have side effects when taken in high doses. The side effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Mood changes
- Increased heart rate
- Some people report having lower thyroid hormone levels.
- It may also cause allergic reactions in certain persons, although this is very rare.
Some groups should not take horny goat weed. These include;
- Breastfeeding mothers.
- Women diagnosed with breast cancer or any cancer affecting the reproductive system.
- Women with heart, kidney, or liver conditions.
- If you suffer from hypotension (low blood pressure): This supplement may worsen your condition.
- If you have any bleeding disorder, do not use it at least two weeks before surgery.
- Epimedium may not react well with certain medications. These include dexamethasone, prednisone, methylprednisolone, cortisone, and other steroids.
Horny Goat Weed for Her Reviews
Horny goat weed for her reviews are commendable, with an overall 3.9/5-star rating on Amazon.
Here is what the users like about the product:
- A notable increase in sex drive: some consumers reported to have seen results in as little as 3 days in younger users (20-30 years old) and as much as a month in older users.
- Highly potent in increasing sex drive: most consumers use it just before sex instead of using it daily.
- It is cheaper than more common options.
- Increased motivation.
- Improved energy levels.
- Improved overall mood.
- Most reviews report little to no side effects.
Here is what the users dislike about the product:
- It did not improve sex drive for some users, especially older ones (60+ years).
- Some reported diarrhea.
- Cramps and headaches.
Alternatives To Horny Goat Weed For Women
If you do not want to use horny goat weed for her (maybe because of the name) or you don’t like the goat weed for her reviews, there are a few other options that may have the same uses:
1. Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo Biloba extract (GBE) impacts nitric oxide systems and eases blood flow. This means it directly influences sexual response in women.
A study on 99 sexually dysfunctional women showed that Ginkgo intake had a small but notable effect on their sexual arousal.
This proves that ginkgo is effective.
2. Red Ginseng
Korean red ginseng is another option thought to have the same sexual benefits. A study by the National Library of Medicine showed that red ginseng improved sexual arousal in postmenopausal women.
This could be another great option to help women improve their sexual life.
Does it Work?
Yes. Some studies and many horny goat weed for her reviews back up the effectiveness of horny goat weed in improving sex drive.
Who Should Take Horny Goat Weed for Her?
All users of legal age can take horny goat weed. There is a common fallacy that aphrodisiacs are only for older persons, which is false.
Horny Goat Weed Vs. Viagra
One study shows that taking horny goat weed before sexual activity improves sex drive. But as much as some regard it as a ‘natural’ alternative to Viagra, it is not half as potent.
A study showed that Viagra could be as much as 80 times more potent than horny goat weed. Despite this, many users swear by horny goat weed and its ability to improve libido.
Horny goat weed for her is a great supplement for enhancing sex drive and improving overall mood and energy levels. It is, however, not a proven remedy for severe cases of lack of sex drive.
Some research also shows its positive impact on bone health, especially in postmenopausal women. I suggest consulting your health practitioner to decide if it is right for you.[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]