If you’re struggling to recover from an eating disorder, this article will show you eating disorder recovery quotes to keep you inspired.
Recovering from an eating disorder isn’t easy. You need all the support and inspiration to stay on track and avoid relapsing.
Don’t do it all on your own, ask for support from family and friends. It’s also advisable to seek professional help from a therapist who treats eating disorders.
Before you check out the eating disorder recovery quotes, here are tips to help you recover.
Practice self-love: Most people beat themselves up when they relapse or have a bad day. Feeling guilty doesn’t do any good, it actually increases the chances of bingeing. Learn to forgive yourself and remember that you don’t have to be perfect to overcome an eating disorder.
Seek support: It’ll be easier for you to recover if friends and family hold you accountable. Talk to the people close to you about your goals and how they can help you achieve them.
Find non-food pleasures: Instead of seeking comfort from food, find other activities to keep you calm. It could be walking, exercise, listening to music, reading and so on.
Stop comparing yourself to others: Comparing yourself to others will only make things worse. It’s okay to get inspiration from other people’s stories but remember that you’re unique and you can’t get the same exact results as anyone else.
Honesty is the best policy: People who have recovered from eating disorders will tell you that honesty is very important. Be open to your support team about the challenges you’re facing and let them know if you backslide.
Best Eating Disorder Recovery Quotes
1. Focus on how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go
2. Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults – Les Brown
3. My worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse – Kate Le Page
4. I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles – Laurie Halse Anderson
5. Binge on life. Purge negativity. Starve guilty feelings
6. Don’t give up, one day you’ll look back and be glad you didn’t
7. Don’t let the fear of relapsing keep you from recovering
8. Sometimes it’s okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
9. When you stop controlling food, it stops controlling you
10. Recovery is a challenge, but it’s not as difficult as continuing to live the wrath of an eating disorder
11. Imagine if you were obsessed about the things you love about yourself
12. Unless you stole it, you should never feel guilty about any food you eat
13. Health is not just about what you’re eating. It’s also about what you’re thinking and saying
14. You don’t have to be ready to recover you need only to be willing
15. You know what’s healthier than veggies? Having a good relationship with food
16. Cut out the negative self-talk and watch your whole world change
17. They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself – Andy Warhol
18. I am more than my size!
19. Recovery is not a straight line. Be gentle with yourself — Cait N
20. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life. In the end, everything is gonna be alright — Lucia A
21. Don’t be in a rush to figure everything out. Embrace the unknown and let your life surprise you
22. Choose every day to forgive yourself. You are human, flawed and most of all, worthy of love – Alison Malee
23. Whenever you feel sad, remember that there are billions of cells in your body and all they care about is you
24. You were sick, but now you’re well again, and there’s work to do
25. I am a work in progress
26. Pain in this life is not avoidable, but the pain we create avoiding pain is avoidable ― D. Laing
27. It is often hard to bear the tears that we ourselves have caused – Marcel Proust
28. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes – Sally Field
29. It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves – Edmund Hillary
30. There is nothing noble about being superior to some other person. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self
31. Falling, falling, falling, falling down. Look yourself in the eye before you drown – Emily Salier
32. I won’t let a number on the scale own me
33. Don’t let your mind distort your mirror
34. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself
35. The size of your body has nothing to do with your worth, nothing!
36. Make peace with the mirror and watch your reflection change
37. Sometimes your biggest bully is you
Overcoming an eating disorder is hard but it’ll be easier for you to overcome it if you follow the tips above and read these eating disorder recovery quotes regularly.
Feel free to share these quotes with friends who are struggling with an eating disorder.
Which eating disorder recovery quotes have inspired you to keep going?[related_posts_by_tax posts_per_page="4"]